To join SAIL please choose your preferred campus location below and complete a Volunteer Form. You will then need to attend a two-week induction tour run by a SAIL Coordinator at your chosen campus.
To be a volunteer with the SAIL Program you must:
- Be 16 years of age or older
- Hold a valid Working With Children Check
- Read and understand our Child Safe Policy
- Abide by and sign our Code of Conduct
- Be consistent and available on Saturday mornings
- Volunteer for a minimum of 6 months
- Have a fluent understanding of the English language
Please note: educational training is preferred, but not a requirement.
For further information please read our FAQs.
SAIL runs every Saturday morning from mid-February to mid-December each year. Our sessions usually begin at 11:00am and finish at 1:00pm (times may vary slightly at each campus). Volunteers are expected to attend regularly each week for a minimum period of 6 months.
The SAIL Program is committed to the safety and well-being of all children and young people accessing our service. We support The Child Safe Standards, and the Rights of the Child and will act without hesitation to ensure a child-safe environment is maintained at all times. All volunteers are subject to a rigorous screening process.
SAIL has a comprehensive Child Safe Policy. All SAIL volunteers and visitors are required be familiar with this.